One of the perks of having family living a in a place called titusville is that its right across the river from the space center. I have nice childhood memories of hanging out at the river watching the shuttle launch. Day launch, night launch we were usually there, unless the shuttle launched at midnight. I remember getting up and watching it launch from the drive way, and then my parents put me back to bed.
My claim to fame in terms of shuttle lore is that when I was in first grade, we all stood at the window one January morning and watched the challenger launch, and then unfortunately explode. We were all truamatized and our moms had to come and get us. I didnt sleep at all, and never watched another launch until today. I was a little nervous that something bad would happen again, but it fortunately a beautiful launch. If you visit Florida and want to catch a launch, talk to me and I will tell you where to go. We've always gone to the same place since I was little and today was no exception. Here's some pix, unedited as usual. (editing is turning out to be harder than I thought.)
1 comment:
This is so cool (I know I am dating myself with my lingo). Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Have a good time in Florida.
Say hi to your fam for me.
Shelly
Post a Comment