Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I've been painting the dining room this week. We picked this color called Holmes Cream, which isnt really cream, and its not yellow or brown. Sadly, it's probably best described as taupe- but NOT the ugly, 80s' taupe. I guess it's the new "mod" taupe. Either way, I dont know how I feel about it. I like in the dining room, and I know that after I hang the pictures and curtains, and put the furniture back in, I'll like it. I'm already starting to like it. Note that picture is not our dining room. It's just an example of the paint color.


The issue is now that this color, which I had originally planned for the entire downstairs, is now OUT for the kitchen and living and maybe even the office area, which will become the piano room, if the piano materializes from my parents. The color would make the kitchen too confining for me, and smother me in the living room, where I feel I need happy light, non taupish colors that make me feel relaxed. I'm thinking a grey blue for the kitchen and living room and maybe I will just move on, and use Holmes cream for the rest of the downstairs. It doesn't seem so bad after looking at it critically for the 40th time.


Back to painting.

No comments: