As soon as our adoption is done and over with, I am getting off of Facebook again. Forover. I've been using it for networking, becuase we've been running ads and such, and was forced to reinstate it for the time being. But I'm still irritated by it and generally wish it would go away. And its especially bad when things happen and you think about it in terms of facebook updates:
Charity Starchenko hates facebook.
Charity Starchenko wonders why people are so mean to each other.
Charity Starchenko wishes that she could think about things in the first person again.
That sort of thing. which brings me to my only point: Facebook creates a huge emotional disconnect from the way things really are becuase I'm forced to write about myself in the third person if I even write at all. It's kind of like an Ipod in a way (same idea, different verse). But thats a soapbox for a different post.
I'm enjoying our adoption experience but I look forward to some of the secondary experiences, like needing to use facebook, to end.
No comments:
Post a Comment