Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Morning Silence.

I'm sitting in one of my upstairs rooms, where its sunny. I can hear the train arriving at the downtown station about 2 miles away. I can hear Alex moving around downstairs, and the AC is softly humming, because its 8:54 AM and already 80 degrees. My yellow swim shoes are precarious perched on top of my PC battery pack. Things are mercifully quiet after 2 days almost constant interchanges between heat and sun, thunder and lightening - not the garden variety thunder and lightening, but amped up up, example of the power of God lightening, that kills modems, charges through your elctrical system making your house sing, knock stuff off the wall and brings out emergency services at 2 AM to make sure your back neighbors are still alive ferocity. Oh, and the wind. Always the wind. But this morning, I woke up to a sunny morning and except for the wind, I dont miss the other stuff. Especially not the lightening.

Add that to the people who've low balled my salary expectations, causing me to professionally reject them out of hand, causing me fear for weird reasons as I hang up the phone thinking that I am an absolute idiot for turning down a job in a recession, but proud of myself that I listened to Alex and stuck to my guns. Agony, but ultimately relief, becuase I wont be slumming it with other highly qualified professionals at the park this fall. The silence of Sunday morning is particularly welcome this morning. I am confident that the Lord will provide. I dont have any other way to look at it. I certainly haven't gotten myself anywhere by ignoring the fact for the last 3 weeks.

And then there was Friday, where in the space of 3 hours, I rejected another job offer, and got "THE CALL" (not adoption- but add that into the mix for extra fun) from an agency that finally had the information I had been waiting for. A spectacular position, and I just need to interview for it in the next couple of weeks. If I don't get this one, there will be others. This morning was particularly welcome as I realize that holding out was a good move and that my husband is a smart smart man. I love to see the Lord providing, and knowing that He hasnt let me go. Contemplating all this in the silence of Sunday morning is good.

No comments: