Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints,
and give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger is but for a moment,
and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning.
This verse has been rattling around my head for a while, so I thought I would write it down and think about it. When I feel stretched like I have these last few months, it's God's great mercy to me that pieces of the Bible come so readily to mind. It's almost a relief that I can sit down and one will come to me. My heart recognizes the deep truth that when everything else is gone, God's love for me is still there. These last months have left me struggling for joy somewhat. I can feel it there, almost on the top of my heart again, but its pushing its way through some tough crap right now. But God does not fail- my spirit might be a little battle weary, but God provides relief for my weariness.
Such times of emotional stretching have come to be almost welcome and always expected. It's a time spiritual strengthening as I learn to let go of the things that tie me to my life and embrace Jesus more fully. It would be foolish of me to suggest that I welcome these periods with open arms. Suffering well is not in my nature, as I am a champion whiner and griper. But the ability to ask the Lord to let me suffer well and be confident in His finsihing the work He started in me is God inspired and taking root.
No comments:
Post a Comment