Sunday, September 12, 2010

Shaking the lurker tree: Help us decide on a middle name!

We have to admit we are a bit stuck. We've been through 2 baby name books and we cant find one we like. We have 3 that have made the list of possibilities, and yet, we still cant decide. So I've decided to throw it out there into the great void of the internet and see what comes back. So you REALLY should decide to comment this time. I know it's hard. It's not like the like button on facebook, but it's almost as easy. You can do it. Here are your options along with some reasoning:

Haddon- like C.H Spurgeon. We like him a lot, and we think he's worth emulating. Plus, we can think of way more less classy sounding theologian names, like Melancthon, or Zwingli (Or Ulrich).

Reagan- He helped bring down communism so that Alex and I could meet and get married.Romantic isn't, it? And he didnt take crap from anyone.

Samuel- He was a much prayed for highly anticipated child whose parents surrendered all ou worldly claims on his life. We think that's apt in our situation.

So there your have it. Vote! And thanks!

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

You already have a unique first name so it might be nice to add a traditional middle name. How the names make you think and feel is important. Haddon makes me think of someone cool and laid back. Someone who loves music and long walks. Reagan reminds me of someone with strong leadership skills who likes to talk, likes an audience and who has a big influence over people's decisions. Samuel is kind and spiritual. You might also consider Kincade, Kendrick, Carson, Carter, Blayne, Mason, Noah, Jaxon or Tristan. Any way you go they are all great names so good luck and congrats!!

Haddon Samuel Reagan

Bonnie Allen said...

I like Reagan because he was admirable and, as you said, it was because of his policies that you and Alex were able to meet!

I know the Lord will help you settle on the "right" name.

Can't wait to hear the birth story! I tried to "like" the appropriate spot in FB so I can get updates. I was already your FB friend, Charity!

Praying!

Anonymous said...

I really like the meaning behind Samuel---so appropriate. Choice #2 would be Haddon. Any of them will be great, though! Just throw the names in a hat and draw one. Just kidding! :)

Steve Scott said...

well, of course I would vote for Samuel! But I kind of like the way Haddon sounds... Steve and I always decide by him using his baseball announcer's voice and saying the name... "Now Batting, Number 1, Lev Samuel Starchenko!"

God Bless You!

Some girl from Raleigh. said...

I like the baseball announcer idea. I've been trying to picture the names on resumes and diplomas. We think Reagan is out now. So its really between Haddon and Samuel.

Sarah said...

I like Samuel for the meaning, but I think they are all really special. When I was thinking about Biblical names with meaning, I thought about Sarah (of course) who laughed when told she would have a son- thus named Isaac meaning "laughter." Simliarly, your journeys to parenthood must have felt at times like it would never happen. I am so happy for you guys and Lev finding each other, whenever he decides to make his appearance!

Elaine F said...

I'm totally all for Haddon. And sorry I'm a week late.