Thursday, August 4, 2011

So if you've tracking with me, two posts down, I mentioned that photography was going well, and that soon, I would have an actual, legit, paid for shoot. And I got one. More than actually.

I have seven! I don't know what happened.

3 weddings/trash the dress sessions, 1 senior session, 2 families, and a maternity session. I get to go the beach, and spend a weekend in a dilapidated town called Radford, Viriginia, which I love. And they are paid for big girl gigs as another photographer on her blog put it.

Side note:
Alex and I went to Radford in February so could do some translation work, and I thought it was ok becuase there was a river and fun old houses on hills, reminiscent of the Bay Area, except southern style. And then we drove past a house where there were chickens in the front yard ( i LOVE chickens), and it became cool. And then we ate at this place called Mi Puerto, and Radford became awesome. I've been looking for a way back since then.

Anyways, this apprently makes me legit, and not just a mom with a camera. Alex told me the other day, wow! you're a small business owner, a real WAHM (work at home mom). And I thought to myself, "OMG! Businesses require the ability to do math! And technology upgrades."
I was terrified. I literally have no idea how to run a business. But then I realized, "I've invested exactly 87 dollars in this "business" and I've booked sessions that more than cover that. And then I realized, "wow. Now what? I have to keep the momentum going. And that takes time and work. But I get to choose when to work. It's already awesome."

I dont know why I'm so surprised that I am really doing this. I worked hard to get these shoots, and to develop the abilities to take pictures. Maybe I thought I couldn't do it for some reason. I dont know what I'm doing or what I should be doing next. So I guess I'll just keep doing the same thing. Maybe find a new lense or something.

No comments: