Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I've chosen the high road today. In light of what I consider to be a total bummer of a couple of weeks, I'll just say that the Lord knows that already. And despite the fact that I wish a lot of things could be different right now, I'll just say that the Lord knows that already, too. And rather than go on and on about all the things that I could go on and on about- yep, the Lord knows how it will turn out. And it takes a lot of faith and prayer, and few small bouts of minor sniffling and suspicious nose blowing late at night to really believe it. But I am on the mend already. This week has been much better after A encouraged me that I am not a total failure and that there are some people in the world who would love to have my small temporary annoyances rather than their actual problems. He's right of course, and that seemed to refocus me- I'm a child of God no matter what! A's a good husband and I'm blessed to be married to him.

But I will say that I've been drowning some of my self created disappointment by toting my camera around. It somehow makes me feel better to squint as I look through a view finder at mundane objects. The results are rarely interesting to anyone other than myself. I've been learning how to edit a little thanks to some book I found at the library. Just the basics right now- the whole thing was slightly overwhelming at first until I finally asked A, who can edit photos quite well for some reason ( and sew! It's true, but dont tease him about it or bring it up in a conversation. He'll be self conscious.) for some initial explanation, and I was off- sort of. I didn't edit this picture below, and I've done better things since then. I just took it becuase I was practicing night photography at First Friday a week or 2 ago. This was at City Market in Raleigh, which is way too crowded for my taste. But I like the pottery exhibition at one of the galleries, and the store where this woman makes new stuff out of other old stuff, kind of like I do, except better. She was fun to talk to, and didn't make me feel dumb which is rare when I'm at First Friday. That's the same reason I like the Adam Cave Gallery on Hargett Street. Adam Cave is a nice guy, and his dad is a great artist as well.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hi Charity,

I miss you dearly. This morning I discovered that I had not received a blog update from you in some time through google reader. So I opened my blog and clicked on your blog and there have been several updates that I have missed. I guess you switched your blog name. I tried to upload your new blog to google reader and it would not recognize it. So, I will be checking the old fashioned way.

How are you? I see things are changning in your life and God is allowing you to take in those changes with grace and humility. Keep on seeking Him and His perfect plan.

Love you sister! Have a wonderful week.

With love and care,

Shelly