Tuesday, June 16, 2009

advertising blitz part II

Rule #1 of Adoption:

Do whatever it takes to stay upbeat. In my case, it's lots of prayer, lots of reminding myself that there will be a baby at the end of this, reminders that God is sovereign over adoptions and all men's hearts. And last, lots of exercise to keep those endorphins flowing. I'm down 2 more pounds, and Alex and I are thinking of running a 5k race in the fall.

And then we get out and advertise and get excited about the small stuff. Small stuff leads to big stuff in my mind, and its totally valid to get excited about it.

Vistaprint emailed me to to tell me that our business cards are on the way. Its very exciting news to be sure. I'm hoping that they'll arrive by Friday, when my friend Joanna and I plan to spend the morning drinking coffee (and caffeinated at that!! It's long story, but I've given up all caffeine forever except for the rare treat of a coffee date.) and then blitzing a local college campus with our flyers.

But most exciting of all is our Facebook Ad. We're running it on a trial basis to a very targeted group to see how it goes. And its gone well based on our budget constraint and our demographic choice. 12 hours in, and the ad has earned our little website 5 hits in the span of 10 minutes. Advertising gurus might scoff, but I'm mostly satisfied. I'm panning to spend the evening tweaking text and html (well, Alex will do the HTML) and hopefully make it easier and more obvious to link to our agency from all of our pages on the website.

No comments: