Friday, August 7, 2009

Sitting around waiting.

Sitting around waiting for things to happen is not fun. Among the many things I am waiting on right now are:

hearing about a cool job at a cool University in the area,
2 nanny positions,
more info about other cool work opportunities that we have here,
Alex to come home so we can have our date and I can chatter at him about nothing,
and of course, the ever present adoption ballyhoo.

And all this waiting is starting to slightly take its toll on me. I am easily distracted, I'm not strictly following my eating regimen: raw fruits and veggies, no bread, and no sugar. I am startled by every little unusual noise, and I dive for any phone that rings. That last one is pretty lame. I hate the phone, so that's a huge change.

In the midst of it all, I keep reminding myself that the Lord knows how it will all end, and that everything will work out. But its hard to rid myself of that uncomfortable feeling that I am in some sort of emotional suspension. Which is also silly. There is no reason to feel like that.

No comments: