Sunday, October 4, 2009

On life together


Not too get all philosophical or anything, but we went to see Up last night. It's the fist movie I ever went to and cried over. Lame, I know. Crying over a movie is comething I have rarely done and never over an animated cartoon. But liked the part where Mr. Fredrickson looks through the album and realizes that his wife saw everyday as an adventure, and he was solely focued on getting them to Paradise falls.

But that's a pretty accurate picture of my life with Alex. He's all about getting us to the next level, and providing the best physical and spiritual life possible for us and our children and I tend to dwell on the everyday existence of life together: Get up, have a conversation, go to work, come home, have more conversation, eat dinner, play a game or watch some TV, talk some more and fall asleep. It can be adventure learning to THRIVE and work for God in the midst of such days, not just purposelessly meander through them, dreading that they will start over. The stuff of life is in those small moments, like when I realized that Alex off shaved his carefully cultivated beard as I reached up for a small caress at midnight, or picking out paint, discussing dinner options while standing in front of the pantry, and trying to adopt babies together.

But perhaps that's the way it should be. Someone has to be the visionary and someone has to stand behind making it possible to envision. Sometimes I'm the visionary, but more often than not these days, it's Alex who sees where he wants us to be spiritually, professionally and financially over the next several years. But its always an adventure getting there.

No comments: