Monday, October 12, 2009

Our social worker is coming over tomorrow night to renew our home study. We aren't really happy about it because we never wanted to be in this place- a year in sitting around, still waiting. But as I think over the past year, its better than some other people's past year, where they heard nothing. At least we almost adopted 3 times. And it was all in a month.

I'm not going to lie when I say that I am grateful for the quietness of the past week. Nobody called to tell me I might be a mom in 12 hours, there were no rushed phone conversations with A about whether I should go out and buy a crib mattress (the last big piece we need for baby), or calling my mom to tell her whats going on. It was nice. Just one phone call from a girl who lied about calling the wrong number. I cant help if people call prospective adoptive parents, freak out, tell a lie and hang up. I'd absolutely do the same thing- no doubt about it. I'm emotionally tired from being pulled in 3 different directions in the past month but I think that my energy is coming back.

I wonder sometimes about my lack of emotion about these 3 situations. I cried for 10 whole minutes when the first birth family chose someone else. But the other two were like water off a ducks back. In some ways I feel like there's something wrong with me, but I know there isn't. I've been like my whole life- Idont stay disappointed for too long becuase life is just too short to mope. My mom always says I'm a trooper, but I think that its grace from the Lord to me to easily overcome disappointment and see what other things lay ahead. I dont feel daunted, just determined to slog out the remaining time in this season of waiting- enduring becuase I know that greater things are yet to come.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hi Charity,

I always love your posts, so real and share what is on your heart. I want you to know that I have been praying for you and the adoption process. You are in the middle of a hard trial and your emotions are exactly what God has given you. Keep on looking heavenward, trusting in our faithful Savior, going to Him with all of your heart and emotions, and know that He so loves and cares for you. He is at work. Keep on pleading with Him.

We had such a huge rain storm today. It was so strong. Seriously, I think my pool raised to dangerously high levels today (about 5 inches). Wild.

With love and care my dear sister,

Shelly