Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving-

* Weird Thanksgiving fact*

My whole family actually gets along pretty well, so there's no awkward family dinners spent avoiding push button topics. Some of my friends say this is not entirely normal, but I dont know any different. I'm sure there are other people out there with families that get along at holidays.

Thanksgiving started out kind of foggy, but warm, so it made for some good photo attempts. We have these enormous Oak and Maple trees that run along the backs of everyone's properties, which is one the main reasons I love this house. Leaves fly everywhere, wind rushes through them, and they turn colors during the year. They were shrouded in fog and it was really pretty.





We went to my parents house, where I conned my sister into being a model for me at Duke Gardens ( I know. I should stop while I'm ahead with people pictures.)


We played bocce ball, which my dad feels should become a new Thanksgiving tradition. We were very intense about it, especially since my dad felt the need to measure. It was close, but Dad won. Maybe thats why he wants it to be a new tradition... kidding. That's not true.



Every Thanksgiving my mom does two things:1) she breaks out the weird Pilgrim Salt and Pepper shakers and 2) makes this insanely good apple sauce from the BareFoot Contessa. The pilgrim people are just asking to be posed, and my sister and I couldnt help ourselves. While everyone was serving themselves and being seated, we snuck some pictures of the pilgrim people contemplating just how good that apple sauce is. My dad caught us and had a good laugh and my mom rolled her eyes.And thats a small shot of Thanksgiving in the South. Not as exotic as the Thankgsgivings we spent in Lake Tahoe, but its spent with family, being family. And thats something to be thankful for anyways.

No comments: