Alex and I are increasingly a couple that compliment each other. He's non talkative, I could talk until I am blue in the face. His glass is sometimes half empty, mine is always half full. And more and more often, he's the one driving our future goals and plans. I'm surprised at the things he tells me he'd like to do in this life. I wouldnt have expected it out of him, and sometimes, I dont even think he expected he would ever want those things for himself either.
Alex is also the one more likely to feel that he is not a good provider, and he wishes he could give us more and to feel like we have "arrived". I never feel that way about him and his job or our life. And after one long conversation about that one day, I told him something like this:
It's nice that you want those things for us, and that you work hard for them. But all I ever materially wanted out of life was a hardworking husband with a job who loved me, one or two kids and a nice house. And I have all of those things (kids are one the way)and its more than I ever dreamed of. If this is all we ever have, we are rich and I feel like I have arrived.
No comments:
Post a Comment