Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Choices Choices.

Today was one of those days when you think back on the moment you chose to move to a new place and wonder what you made that choice for and what your life would have been like if you had chosen the other option.

We only had 3 options for a techy guy like my husband, maybe 4. Huntsville AL, Austin Texas, Boston and Raleigh. Boston was out immidiately becuase it was exspensive. Huntsville was out becuase Alabama becuase any tech industry is purely coincidental. That left Austin and Raleigh. We never even visted Austin. It was too hot in the summer we told ourselves. It was too crowded. ut look at real estate compared to Raleigh, we said. But look at it compared to California, we opined, and off we went.

Truth be told, I'd love to live in Texas again someday. Such beauty in flat land, large skies and history that I love. Lots of wind. I wonder how we would have been different for moving there. I think about what I've accomplished living in Raleigh. Nothing, really. On the outside it appears to have been a total waste. I dont speak spanish with anyone, I've written nothing of consequence and made nearly no money.

But I think of the small voice in the back of my car today Singing "THis is the Day that the Lord" has made at the top of her lungs, and I think of the small voices that will fill my car one day and every day for the next several years and I know that it hasnt been nor will be a total waste.

No comments: