Things I understand about bottles.
I understand that every baby at some point uses a bottle. I also understand that like formula, a parent should buy the best bottles possible. So when I was out buying a rediculous amount of clothes for Lev, and she threw in Dr. Brown's bottles, I didnt complain. They are some of the best bottles on the market, and they are one of the most expensive.
So today when I opened them up to put in the dishwasher, I realized they didnt have nipples. I didnt mind becuase I dont want Lev drinking from a used nipple. Thats gross. So I hope onto the internet to order some, only to find that I have to use Dr. Browns nipples, too. they're between 3 and 5 dollars a package, and you only get 3 or 4 nipples in a package. I have 14 Dr. Browns. So thats 10-15 dollars for bottle nipples. No thanks.
Here's my thing: I hate plastic. It leaches chemicals whatever is in them over time and repeated washing, and you cant ever put in on the stove or in the oven or the microwave. I dont even use my microwave. And plastic is just plain ugly. So when I get the chance, I stop by target where I buy the evenflow tempered glass bottles. And they come with nipples. Much more attractive, much less expensive, and I am much happier all around. So sadly. Bye Bye Dr. Brown's.
On Life Changes:
Meanwhile, while I am sorting through clothes and ditching plastic baby bottles for glass ones, A. is looking for a new job. This sort of self promotion is always stressful, and he is naturally not really into that sort of thing. And along the way he's learning to really explore learn about other things that are exciting and interesting to him, and that one day might move from hobby to new career. Thats scary to me, as a person who lazily finds her satisfaction slaving happily away for the Man because there is some sort of security in that for me. Alex doesnt live like that, although he would suggest that he does. He's the risk taker, and I love that about him. We're naturally excited and scared about it all. The only thing that will be the same by Christmas is that we live in the same house (unless Alex doesnt find a job yet). I find myself hanging on tughtly to these last fleeting moments of us and now. In october it will all be completely different. Good, but different.
No comments:
Post a Comment