Dear Lev,
You are 4 months old now! I just cant believe that time has gone by so quickly. I was feeding you a bottle this morning and you put your right hand around the bottle, and used your other hand to push mine away, and the next think I knew you were holding your bottle yourself. I was so proud of you, Lev! But I also felt a little sad. It was your first act of independence, of the exultant "I dont need you mama!" But I want you to be self reliant, and I welcomed the opportunity to just watch you.
You can also carry on conversations. I love when you finish your morning chow and I put you in the exersaucer to play that you look up at me as I eat breakfast and drink my coffee and babble. We babble back and forth, you first, then me, then you again. You like to imitate sounds and I love how you will babble at anyone who will listen to you. You babble constantly and it's wonderful.
One of my favorite things is to watch you enjoy church. You love the music, and you love to watch Pastor Sean wave his arms around in the air. Sometimes you talk back at him and wave your arms, too. Today, we sat on the floor in the back, and you played quietly with your toys and then fell asleep in my lap. I admit that I was nervous when we decided to keep you in the service with us. I envisioned entire sermons spent in the lobby with a screaming baby (screaming is your favorite activity). But your have proved me wrong, little Lev! You are impressively well behaved, and I am deeply thankful the Lord gives you a calm spirit every Sunday morning.
My prayer for you this month comes from Isaiah 61, where the Lord promises that we "will be trees of righteousness, planting for the Lord, that he may be glorified." I pray that you will be a tree of righteousness and glorify God. Today was sanctity of life Sunday, and as I watched you sleep on my lap on the floor in the back of the sanctuary, I wondered why God gave you to us, and what you will do for Him. Pop and I pray constantly that you will be saved at a young age and do great things for God. Salvation and a life lived for Christ are my single greatest hopes for you, even if it takes you far from us.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment