Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years

I dont know if I am much for resolutions. But there are things every year, I want to improve in. Last year it was "I WILL ADOPT THIS YEAR" and a somewhat distant second was make a cleaning schedule and stick to it. And I think I did both successfully. It doesnt mean that my house is completely spic and span every day. It just means that I keep up with it. And at the end of the year, it actually allowed me to spend some time doing things that needed to get done, like organizng the linen closet ( that sadly has no shelves) and a routine scubbing of refrigerator shelves, which didn't originally qualify as a "Keep the house clean" contender.

I have been thinking about what I want 2011 to look like this year. And Again I picked kind of vague goals:

Learn more about God. (joining a cool looking bible study on Monday nights in 2 weeks!)
Get to know my neighbors better.
Give more (doesnt always need to be financial)
Be more active outdoors (Lev makes this easy. THe boy adores trees and birds already)
And, now that I stay home with Lev, take charge of the household budget.

THe budget makes me nervous. It's rather large to me. But Alex is encouraged that I am taking this on. Food, household purchases, clothing, medical stuff, and Lev ( he gets his own budget in a way) are all under my realm of responsibility now. And it's largely an electronic budget. Extra nerve wracking since I am kind of luddite. I blog, and I have facebook. I'm good with that. But I have a fancy pants computer phone which doesnt really work, which is fine, becuase I have made no effort to learn it. But Alex wants me to learn it, so for his sake I will.

No comments: