Dear Sweet Lev,
You are on the cusp of being 5 months old. We just cant believe that 5 months have come and gone in the blink of an eye. We are so very thankful for your beautiful intricate life. Did you know your life is intricate? Your very origins are intricate and created by God to be something beautiful. I know that right now your life seems simple: eat, sleep, roll over occasionally, scream, poop, repeat. But think of all the processes at work to make that all happen! Only an intricate God can create such an intricate child.
You've learned and experienced so much this month: You started eating solid food. We discovered you are not a fan of Peas. You took your first road trip into Virginia, you went to the pool and splashed and screamed with happiness, you learned to roll over and pull up on your knees and elbows. And you laugh your way through swinging at the park. There are very few things you do not enjoy. We think peas are the only thing on the list.
If month number 4 had to be summed up in one word, it would be SCREAMING. You love screaming. It's the first thing we hear from you in the morning, and the last thing we hear at night. When we went to Virginia, you amazed all of Southwest Virginia with your ability to vocalize. It hurts our ears, and we kind of wish you would stop. But you will when you learn to do some new sort of communication. But I am so thankful that the Lord is using your screaming to help me learn to pray for you, and to be patient and to love you better. I used to pray that you would not scream. But the Lord has helped me to learn to pray that Pop and I would help your to channel your loud zest for life for His glory. And it helps me to think about how the Lord might use your loud voice: street preaching, singing, and coaching children all come to mind and are all noble and God glorifying things to do.
We've made it into Jeremiah together and I think a good verse for me to pray for you right now is Jeremiah 15:16-
When your words came, I ate them;
they were my joy and my heart’s delight,
for I bear your name,
LORD God Almighty.
Pop and I pray that you will live and breathe and pray God's word. We know that we cant hang onto you forever, and that we can only point you to Christ. I like that Jeremiah says that he ate God's words. I want that for you, too. It's a clear easy picture for you to understand: if you don't eat, you will eventually starve. Don't starve yourself spiritually, Lev. Feast on God and you will never be full, but always be satisfied.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment