Things that have broken in our house:
Summer 2010: The AC. We never fixed this becuase we were in the throes of Lev adopting and birthparent expenses. we just bought a loud, annoying window unit and moved on. We've ID'd which new model we'll buy. We just need to buy it and install it.
Also, summer 2010: The garage door system and possible the entire door, are broken. See above. We dont want to buy a new door. They are more expensive than the actually system.
There is a random piece of something that needs to be nailed back to the thing it's come loose from over the garage.
I get to learn how to patch porch screen!! Is it bad I am excited about this? It really doesnt look that hard.
And finally, today, the handle to over the range microwave broke. yes. The handle. I can technically open the microwave by pulling on the top of the handle thats still attached, but I only have a small amount of time in which that solution will actually be useful before the entire thing breaks down.
And did I mention I never actually use the microwave? I heat L's baby food on the stove in a pan of water. And I make it myself. My mom told me I was becoming and Earth Mama. Fine with me.
This morning, I am tempted to dispair of my house which seems to be breaking down around me. I am rather overwhelmed by it's largeness sometimes. I have to consciously take a step back and think about how lucky we are to live here. People want a house this size. Lev, who rolls now, can roll pretty much where ever he wants to. And then, like now, I am thankful- deeply thankful and grateful for this house, which seems to fall down around me. We;ll get everything taken care of soon. It will be ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment