I dont really know what I am doing here. I have an out of town guest coming in less than 6 hours. The downstairs is covered in BABY, a pot of borscht is NOT coming together on the stove, poor little L is not napping well, and my photowebsite has a glitch I need to fix.
But yet, here I am, posting my bizarre navel gazings to great void of the internet, and hoping that it will help me a little bit to restore my sanity. Fridays are the days you just kind of roll into somewhat unexpectedly. The week goes by so fast and the next thing you know, it's Friday again. For example, on Monday, Lev took great naps and there was much rejoicing. And then I had bible study, and upon arriving home, I told Alex, "why cant we ever have bible study where you just read the bible? Why is that so hard?" On Tuesday, I had a conversation with someone that left me deeply sad, and more aware that the world is ugly. Wednesday Lev was again a champion sleeper, I cleaned the house furiously, and we spent an hour having office hours with my dad on Campus. On Thursday, I realized I scheduled a a doctors appointment for lev and myself in the middle of PM nap, and the PM was rather ugly. Then, happily, I met a neighbor, a fellow Adoptomom, who (sadly) turned out to be rather ugly about birth parents. So I left, not wanting L to hear needless trashtalking. I've been praying I'll see her again for some reason.
And now, all of a sudden, it's Friday. I am sitting with Lev in his rocker after another non-nap, and we are praying for him, becuase he is SO happy all the time, and the world so ugly ALL the time. I want him to maintain a sweet happiness becuase of God's work on his behalf, in the face of all the ugliness he will experience one day. He will experience all the things that people I talked to this week experience: diappointment, bad decision making, death, and general snottiness. But my prayer is that he will always respond with grace in a graceless world. It seems so overwhelming to me that I am going to send him out into all of that and worse one day. But God is greater than all of those things, and will make L's path straight.
That didnt end how I wanted it to. I surpise myself sometimes with stuff like that. But enjoy a picture of Alex- my favorite guy, in the motherland, in his favorite season. He loved Nizhnivartovsk. He told me he wanted to move there or somewhere like it, where the mosquitos are as big as your thumb in the summer. I was on board until the mosquito part- so I wished him well in that endeavor. Just kidding. I'd go with him. I would just buy up barrels up bug repellant first. I think Lev would really enjoy Siberia.
No comments:
Post a Comment