Yesterday I spent an hour on the phone with our new adoption agency. We contracted with them last year, right before we matched with J., Lev's birthmom. We had gotten pretty far, ready to start the homestudy, and then we all mutually agreed that it was a good idea to see if and how we settle in with Lev. After the reliquishment period passed, we agreed to chat again when he was 6 months old, which happened this week.
It was a really really good coversation. They are excited we are finishing the adoption, and we are excited to add another little guy to our family. We're picking back up where we left off, and all I need to do is go downtown to pick up some updated paperwork, schedule some physicals and work on homestudy questions. There are a few other odds and ends and froms, but they'll take care of themselves.
As usual, we're excited in different ways. I'm generally all around excited, and Alex is his calm, happy self. He worries about all the things it's natural to worry about, while I worry less about those things, more about the details:
Should we take Lev with us? We might need a 3rd helping hand along.
What size clothes should I keep from Lev for this new little one?
I already know the answer to the second one. I just picked a size and moved on.
Here are some new adoption adventure FAQ's:
1. Domestic or International: International.
2. Country: Poland- it's a very small program. We like that. ALOT.
3. Gender? Boy. But we could always get a surprise.
4. Time to referral? 4-10 months.
5. Special Needs or Non Special Needs? Either. But there is a part of me that feels that this next adoption needs to be a child who really really needs us. I think I'd rather he be a special needs adoption, but whatever. That's up to God, not us.
6. Agency: St. Mary's International Adoptions
No comments:
Post a Comment