Sunday, March 11, 2007

Martinez Marina

I love the Martinez Marina because there are a lot of people fishing, they don't care what you are doing and you can be at peace for at least 3o- 45 minutes, which is a good break time for me. I like living near the water for this purpose too. Raleigh is not really near a major natural body of water, and this is its only mark against it. But the Nuese River is there, which I plan to scope out at some point to see if it amounts to anything, and there are a couple of man made reservoirs that I can make do with until we get to the beach. Alex promised me would go as often as possible since its only a couple of hours from us.
This picture is actually one the last ones I took tonight. I have been practicing with the macro settings on the camera and this is what I have evolved to for the time being. The pictures below run in reverse chronological order. I love the picture with the fishing line, even though was sloppily set up. The last picture is my favorite mainly because its a great candid shot of my husband walking around on a pier. I also like that there is a spider web in the shot that I didn't see until I was uploading and critically eyeing my work. One major critique I have is that it all tends to look the same and my color is all off. When I mess with manual its too dark and I never seem to catch the right light on auto. Its annoying. I'd really like to take take some photography classes but with all the moving and then adopting I don't know that I will ever get around to it. I tend to read about photography and practice what I read in books. Digital cameras are good for that because then you can delete them if the don't turn out well.

At any rate, if you happen see them I hope you enjoy them in all their....sameness.





No comments: