This week is teacher appreciation week. All the students are supposed to express their appreciation of us as teachers and we teachers are supposed to feel appreciated. The students body gave us lunch all week long and some students give cards and small gifts. I received a couple of "gifts" this week:
1. The student body gave us Hawaiian shirts. I didn't know how to respond to it so I just said thank you. I am wearing at this very moment to try and convince myself its OK. But in the end, its still a bright blue Hawaiian shirt.
2. One of the senior boys stuffed himself into a box and had some of the other senior boys carry him into my classroom and set him on my desk. He then proceeded to jump out of the box yell, "surprise" and run out of the room to peals of laughter, including my own.
3. A tribute on the appreciation video by 2 other senior boys who filmed their part in front of my house. I wasn't quite sure what to say to that either, but I did spend the rest of the afternoon wondering how they did that with out me seeing them.
I feel very appreciated. The senior boys are strange, and I have no idea why they like me so much, but they do. And they show it in strange ways, like killing bugs in my classroom, drawing me pictures of stick people, and wrapping themselves in boxes.
The Lord blesses people in many ways, and strange as it is, the senior boys are a big blessing to me. I was a little unnerved by them last year, but they endeared themselves to me and always ALWAYS come along when I need a laugh or a bug squashed. That is the biggest blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment