Friday, July 23, 2010

I had a dream last night that the baby arrived, and he had a full mouth of teeth. And we loved him. Then, we set him down on the table and just left him there. And then, halfway home, we realized what we did and turned around to get him.

Isnt that awful? I'm going to be a terrible mother. Here are some other things I've done badly lately, or that I am afraid I will do in the future:

1. Started painting the nursery, realized it was too dark, and then mixed all the variants of white paint I could find in the garage and today, am painiting the wall white again. We'll get the new improved paint color next week.

2. Become easily irritated by someone who suggested that I would give my child terrible diaper rash by using cloth diapers.

3. Letting myself fear that I will forget my child in a hot car. He's not coming until late September or October.....

4. I'm very concerned about pacifiers. I really dont want to use them, becuase they get lost so easily.

5. Lastly, I'm afraid I wont be a godly mom.

These are all kind of silly. But they were exacerbated by the dream. It was awful.

1 comment:

Janet said...

It's probably normal to have fears (irrational or not). You won't be able to do it in your own strength, but fortunately, you will have help from Someone else!