Lev and I went with a Realtor to see a house in downtown Raleigh. (DOnt freak out. more details to come). As I was standing at the back door, looking out on the back yard, she peers into the distance and says:
"Is that a crik?"
And I laughed a little at it. Crik.
Uninteded result #1: My southern son is learning to be snooty.
Sweet little Lev, who is a southerner simply by being born here, takes his finger out of his mouth and smiles and coos.
***
SO why were we looking at a house in downtown Raleigh?
Well, becuase Alex works in Raleigh now, our church is in Raleigh, but most importantly, we think having a mortgage is stupid. We can use money we are paying for a mortgage to contribute to missions and other peoples adoptions and spend a month in Maine every summer (we love maine- it would be our one splurge every year). We're looking to buy for cash. Right now it's all speculative looking, but one house in particular, did peak our interest enough to call a realtor and go looking at it. I think we are going to let it pass, simply becuase we are in no hurry, and becuase we realized we want to adopt again first and then make the move.
Here's an older picture of Lev where he's mad about having his shirt put on.=) WE like to call this ANGRY BLUE FLOWER. It's one our favorites.
No comments:
Post a Comment